I was mightily surprised (in a good way) when I read Brandon’s nominations for the Brilliant Blog Award, and saw “Anxious Elephant” on the list!! So… here’s the rules!
1. Write an acceptance speech, linking back to the person who gave it to you.
2. Write 7 things you believe in.
3. Give the award to as many brilliant blogs as you would like to share the love.
I want to thank Brandon Bored very much for this lovely award nomination! Although, I’m not sure I’d call my blog brilliant, it is lovely that he thinks it is!! Anyone who isn’t already following Brandon’s blog should definitely do so! It promises lovely photos and posts about trips, and the story of lovely Brandon himself!! 🙂
Now for 7 things I believe in:
1. Love – I reckon humans NEED love. It doesn’t have to be romantic love, it can be the love of family or friends as well, either way I think life is a lot better with love in it!
2. Everything will be okay in the end (and if it’s not okay, it’s not the end.) This one is hard to believe sometimes, but I like to keep reminding myself of it… it gives you hope, and even though I’m sure it’s not a scientific fact, it keeps you going when times get tough!
3. Karma – (one that Brandon used in his post) I do think what goes around comes around (or whatever that saying is!) If you treat people like shit, then hopefully at some point they will get what they deserve. This is another thing that I think I have to believe in, because otherwise I would always stay so angry at the bad people in this world!
4. Being nice does get you somewhere Contrary to popular belief, I do not agree with “being nice never gets you anywhere”, but in fact believe the complete opposite. You never know who’s life you’re saving, or who’s day you are making with just a simple kindness. I like to hope that small acts of kindness do make a difference, like this morning I asked the bus driver to wait when I saw someone running for the bus. It doesn’t take any (or much) effort to do these things, but they do make small differences. (And small differences can add up to big differences!)
5. Chocolate can make any situation feel better. I’m not saying it can FIX everything, but a bit of Cadburys is definitely a way to cheer me up at least a bit!
6. Family and Friends – Family and friends are the things that keep you going when things get hard. Without my friends and family, I can safely say things would be A LOT worse.
7. People deserve a second chance – I think everyone deserves a second chance. I am definitely guilty of giving people too many chances, but I do think everyone deserves one extra chance. Humans make mistakes, and that’s okay.
There is one blog who’s name I won’t mention, who doesn’t want blog nominations but I want to make a special mention to her! (Hope you know who you are!)
Now, I’m going to nominate some blogs who I don’t think have received this one yet, which is not to say that I don’t think those who already have it don’t deserve it again!