I was very surprised and happy to see a comment on my blog yesterday from Truth sparked, saying that she has nominated me for the One lovely blog award!!
I’ve been a bit busy so didn’t have time to write this post yesterday, but I’m here now, so without further ado, here’s the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. List seven random things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
I want to thank Truth sparked very much for this award, and definitely think you should go and check out her lovely blog!! Truth sparked has some really lovely poetry on her blog!!
Seven random things about me:
1. I love Cadburys chocolate, especially dairy milk caramel. I’d take Cadburys any day over posh expensive chocolate!!
2. I wasn’t supposed to be doing German as part of my degree. Originally I started uni planning to do a straight Psychology degree, with a minor of creative writing in my first year (you have to do a minor in first year at Lancaster.) But it wasn’t to be, so suddenly (and quite impulsively) I picked German as my minor, loved it, and changed my degree.
3. I have an orchid called Steve. You can read about Steve on my Who I talk about page.
4. I learnt to drive when I was 17, and had passed my test within 3 months of starting to learn. I have a lovely car called Matilda, I’ve got to write about her too and add her to the Who I talk about page.
5. I have a one star kayak certificate. I don’t know why I’m telling you this, but it is seven random things, so I guess that’s ok. The point I actually wanted to make was that when I did this, I was too light to make the kayak capsize so the instructor had to tip my boat over. The water was cold!
6. I have to admit I have extremely poor taste in TV. My favourite programmes are Eastenders, Don’t tell the bride and Waterloo road. (I know…*bows head in shame*)
7. I own a purple ukulele, I can’t play it (yet) and I certainly can’t sing. I really want to learn to play The A team by Ed Sheeran, it’s such a beautiful song.
Phew – 7 random things about me – done!!
Now for my nominations. This is really hard because there are so many lovely blogs that I follow, but I’ve got to pick 15, so here goes: (in no particular order!)
Also – I haven’t checked if people already have this award, I’ve decided to nominate the blogs regardless of whether they’ve already received this award, because they deserve to be reminded that they have a lovely blog! 😛 I chose these 15 blogs because they are all lovely (obviously!) and are blogs I have been following and keeping up with for a little while.
Eeekk there are so many more I want to nominate!!
So there we have it, 15 lovely blogs nominated, and 1 lovely blogger to thank (again!) Thanks so much Truth Sparked!